Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Noted British Spiritualist Montague Keen

In his own words- from Spirit !

"I was born into a Jewish family in Maida Vale, London on 7-2-25 the youngest child of John Keen. My father had a club and a guest house and we had a very comfortable life until the war broke out and I was sent to Wales as an evacuee – I was not happy there as they would not allow music in the house so I learned to play music in my head – Rachmaminov 2nd Piano Concerto was one piece of music I knew well and it became so important to me.

My father was killed when a bomb hit our house and I got a telegram to come back to London immediately. Suddenly we did not have a home it was the end of my childhood and my education which I loved – I had dreamed of going to university. My mother said I had to go to work to help support her. At 16 years old I got a job as a journalist at the Hornsey Journal as a young reporter – I cycled all over North London. I had to grow up fast.

I suffered from ashma and ended up in hospital many times. It helped if I went to see horror films so the cinema became a big part of my life.

I decided at 14 years old I really did not want to belong to any religion – I needed my mind to be free of restriction. I wanted to explore life. There was a medium in London Tom Corbett who was extremely popular with all the actors and actresses and high society at the time so I decided to investigate him. By then I was working at the House of Commons and no one ever refused an invitation lunch in that great historic building. So I was able to interview all those people I would never otherwise get to. I wrote a book on Corbett but never got around to publishing it. All I can say is it certainly opened up the world of spirit to me and it became my greatest interest in life."

Paula Gloria & Veronica Ford Keen (Communicates with Her Late Husband)


You can read more about Montague Keen at the Montague Keen Foundation website
http://www.montaguekeen.com/index.html

Followers